Friday, March 23, 2012

Beautiful Brumeliads




I am so proud to have grown such beautiful plants. The pink with purple edges comes from my neighbour 2 doors down.



This beauty (the large one) comes from my Mom from Amanzimtoti. Now Toti is on the coast so is very moist and humid. They took about 2 years to settle in and voila.... The little one on the left is from Santa - my hairdresser. They grew quickly in my garden.

This was a birthday gift from my wonderful hubby so I can't take any credit for this one as it came blooming. I had put in near the driveway but the afternoon sun was too hot and burnt the leaves. Now it is at the bottom of my garden it is as happy as Larry!

I may have mentioned this before but I love my garden. It gives me such peaceful joy.

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy your tiny piece of heaven, Aileen: you so deserve it.
    P.S. you have a hairdresser called Santa (who gives his clients plants? Really?!

    ReplyDelete